The main activity during National Philanthropy Day is an award ceremony recognizing those who have contributed outstanding service in the field of philanthropy. The categories are designed to recognize a range of philanthropists, from the donor who has made sizable gifts, to the volunteer fundraiser whose time and effort created charitable significance in the community. Giving may be considered important for either one-time, special donations or over a lifetime, and it may be for one or multiple organizations. We invite you to review the various award categories and the nomination forms; then, take the time to submit nominations as appropriate.
Outstanding Small Business
Outstanding Large Business
Outstanding Community Service Organization
Outstanding Volunteer Fundraiser
Outstanding Fundraising Professional
(Minimum of five years of professional service)
Outstanding Youth in Philanthropy
(Individual Age 5 to 18)
Outstanding Youth in Philanthropy
(Community Service Group Age 5-18)
Spirit of Philanthropy
Family Philanthropic Spirit
Lifetime Service Award
NEW -- Outstanding Fundraising Event
- Entries for all awards categories must be received NO LATER THAN 5:00 p.m. on June 8, 2018.
- Entries will only be accepted online via this website (no e-mail or hard copy submissions).
- A nomination must be initiated in writing via this website.
- Applications are the responsibility of the nominating organization or individual.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Nominations may be submitted by nonprofit organizations and individuals in the 26 counties of the Texas Panhandle.
- Nominees must live or do business in the northernmost 26 counties of the Texas Panhandle.
- Nominations from 2017 that did not receive an award will automatically be considered in 2018.
- Outstanding Philanthropist - This award is presented to an individual or family with a proven record of exceptional generosity who, through direct financial support, has demonstrated outstanding civic and charitable responsibility, and whose generosity encourages others to take philanthropic leadership roles.
- Outstanding Small or Large Business - This award is presented to a small or large business for outstanding commitment through financial or in-kind support. In addition, an Outstanding Small or Large Business award will recognize a company that excels in motivating others to volunteer and takes a leadership role in philanthropy and community involvement beyond the monetary value of gifts. This category is offered as two awards - large organizations and small organizations. See the nomination instruction sheet for details.
- Outstanding Community Service Organization - The award is presented to a community service organization that demonstrates an outstanding commitment of philanthropic efforts through community involvement and/or financial or in-kind support.
- Outstanding Volunteer Fundraiser - This award is presented to an individual who has demonstrated exceptional leadership skills in coordinating groups of volunteers for major fundraising projects for more than one nonprofit organization. The recipient should demonstrate exceptional skills coordinating and motivating groups of volunteers for fundraising projects for the benefit of charitable institutions and a commitment to the advancement of philanthropy.
- Outstanding Foundation - This award is presented to a foundation that demonstrates outstanding commitment through financial support, encouragement, and motivation of others to take leadership roles in philanthropy and national, international and/or community involvement.
- Outstanding Fundraising Professional - This award is presented to an outstanding individual fundraising professional with at least five years of professional services who practices his/her trade in an exemplary manner.
- Outstanding Media - This award is presented to a local media organization, individual, public relations firm and/or organization in a media related enterprise involved in advancing philanthropy.
- Outstanding Youth in Philanthropy (individual) - This award is presented to an individual or group of young people ages 5 to 18 who have demonstrated outstanding commitment to the community through direct financial support, development of charitable programs, volunteering and leadership in philanthropy
- Outstanding Youth in Philanthropy (group) - This award is presented to an individual or group of young people ages 5 to 18 who have demonstrated outstanding commitment to the community through direct financial support, development of charitable programs, volunteering and leadership in philanthropy.
- Spirit of Philanthropy - This award is presented to an individual who has demonstrated extraordinary leadership and vision in support of your organization’s goals, exemplifying philanthropy through their contributions of time, effort, and resources.
- Family Philanthropic Spirit - This award is presented to a family who has demonstrated extraordinary leadership and vision in support of your organization’s goals, exemplifying philanthropy through their contributions of time, effort, and resources.
- Lifetime Service Award - This award is presented to an individual who has demonstrated a lifetime of extraordinary philanthropy.
- Outstanding Fundraising Event - This award is presented to a nonprofit organization who has held a unique or creative fundraiser that created substantial community awareness of the organization's mission and provided significant revenue to the organization. Nominations for this category can be for any event, including but not limited to concerts, galas, luncheons, sporting events, etc.
The Awards Committee will make a final selection for each award from among the nominees. All categories will be awarded having met the selection criteria and historical high standards of achievement. If, in the judgment of the Committee, no nominees meet the criteria, an award may not be given. If you submitted a nomination last year that was not selected for an award, your nomination will be included for review this year.